Venting Steam

SC114413
Buy this picture
Quincy Railroad No. 2 vents steam at the NCRy Sunol Depot. Built in 1924 by ALCO in Schenectady, NY, the Quincy Railroad No. 2 spent the first few years of its career hauling rock, concrete, and very large gasoline-powered shovels for the construction of the Bucks Ranch Dam from 1925 to 1927. No. 2 regularly pulled finished lumber and other freight for the Quincy Railroad until 1945 when it was relegated to standby status. In 1970 she was sold to the Iron Horse Railway in Hayward, CA and pulled excursion trains for the Castro Point Railway in Richmond through the 70's & 80's. The No.2 began operating for the Niles Canyon Railway in 1992, pulling passenger excursion trains on a regular schedule until it was put in the shop in August of 2000 for a major overhaul, returning to service on the NCRy in of June 2002.
Rick Pisio
Website - Blog - Galleries - Portfolio

http://www.rwphotos.com
http://www.rwphotos.com/blog
http://photoshelter.rwphotos.com

Contact

photog@rwphotos.com

Comments are closed.